Nothing New Project

Starting today, October 10, 2006, I will not buy anything new that I cannot make or buy used. I will do this for one complete year.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Still Kicking

One thing I've learned from this project is that I'm not a very passionate blogger. I really like the idea of a blog, and I thought a web-log was an appropriate medium for this project, but I just don't like to spend that much time on the internet. It feels like a chore. It's getting so warm out and I just got a Wisconsin State Park pass so I've been in the woods where I can't get wi-fi.

Despite my lack of enthusiasm for posting my progress, I do have some success to report. Everyday for the past week, the Demon of Instant Gratification has been whispering in my ear to buy things. New things. For example, I've been obsessing about my health (again, spring fever) and decided that I need a vegetable steamer. I wanted to go to Target and buy one so bad, but I got a used one on ebay instead. Now I wait in agony until it arrives...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home