Nothing New Project

Starting today, October 10, 2006, I will not buy anything new that I cannot make or buy used. I will do this for one complete year.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Loincloths




This project has me thinking more about clothes than anything, which has prompted me to play fashion designer. I've been deconstructing frumpy old thrift store sweaters to see if I can transform them into desirable articles of clothing. Each design begins with sweater pieces and I play with draping them over the key body parts that are "supposed" to be covered. I started calling them "loincloths" because it feels like a very primitve approach to fashion design.

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

From what I can see (and my work computer is dark/horrible with images) these look really cool! And you have a form!!! I'm so jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home