Nothing New Project

Starting today, October 10, 2006, I will not buy anything new that I cannot make or buy used. I will do this for one complete year.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Felting Wins Again

I realized I didn't like wearing this sweater anymore (and yes, it's the sweater in my profile picture) but I wasn't ready to donate it because I still like the pattern. Since its previous owner had already felted it, I easily cut off the sleeves without any fraying and I now have a vest and leg warmers.

3 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger WRITTEN WORK said...

mirror mirror on the wall
wear a sweater in the fall
but when the sun warms up the sky
make the sleeves into leg warmers.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I must learn how to felt.
Nice work!

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Elle said...

If the sweater is 100% wool (the less synthetic it is the better it will felt), just throw it in the washer in hot water on the permanent press cycle. Then dry on high heat. The heat and the agitation are what "felt" the fibers together. It will come out a bit smaller (this sweater is actually a size large) but you can cut it and it won't unravel. Unless you want to destroy my sweater...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home