Nothing New Project

Starting today, October 10, 2006, I will not buy anything new that I cannot make or buy used. I will do this for one complete year.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

I Miss Music

So far, there are two things I really miss. Buying new shoes and buying new music. I can download new music, since someone else's art is not something that I can buy used or make myself, but I really miss the experience of walking into a record store (like Shake It Records in Cincinnati...), buying a CD, and going home to absorb it while taking in the liner notes. Sure, downloading conserves on physical resources, but it also alters the experience.

3 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is so true! - i read that the music companies are trying to find a way that consumers can experience digital music like they do when they buy a cd or record. it's kind of a big issue b/c cds are eventually going to become obsolete to mp3's.

you should try some internet radio... i like giantstep.net

*^ _ ^*

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Elle said...

I always forget about internet radio...But I did just find a Nothing New-friendly way of aqcuiring new CD's. I bartered with Eric Neave of Cedarwell to give me one of his band's CD's in exchange for patching his pants. Now if I can only get all my favorite bands to send me their broken pants...

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Elle said...

By Eric Neave I meant EriK G. Neave. My bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home