Nothing New Project

Starting today, October 10, 2006, I will not buy anything new that I cannot make or buy used. I will do this for one complete year.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Close Call


Saturday night I found myself in a situation that wouldn't have occurred back in the Midwest. It was Saturday evening and I had spent the day out and about with some friends. I decided to go out with them that night, but I was far away from home in flip flops and cut off shorts. I could borrow clothes...but Brit and I wear different shoes sizes. What to do?! I was prepared to break the oath and just buy a new pair of shoes, but I was able to find these used Diesel boots at a local clothing swap. Phew!

These clothing swaps are all over NYC. They're brilliant! On Sunday, I traded in 3 items I don't wear and got 3 new ones in return (for $2.75). Why aren't these places all over the Midwest?!

1 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Blogger Turn the City said...

what a great deal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home