Nothing New Project

Starting today, October 10, 2006, I will not buy anything new that I cannot make or buy used. I will do this for one complete year.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

TMI

So, I stopped shaving a little while ago. Partly because I ran out of shaving products and was resisting the urge to buy new ones, part laziness, but mostly out of curiosity. I've been shaving since I was 11 and have been pretty consistent ever since. I wanted to know what my body looked like with all its natural hair. My hypothesis in this experiment is that the body is designed with hair so it must serve a function. Here are the results:

Underarm hair definitely serves a purpose. Odor hasn't been as big of a problem, I sweat less, and arm movement is more comfortable. My skin doesn't stick to itself like it used to. The only downfall; it's summer and I'm too embarrassed to wear tank tops because I feel too self-conscious.

Leg hair doesn't seem to serve much purpose. I feel very masculine with leg hair so I'll probably go back to shaving my legs, but only in the summer. And only to just above the knee.

I also found this great article at salon.com that looks at America's obsession with shaving from an outsider's point of view.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Turn the City said...

I finally made a blogspot. I hear you on the shaving. Ugh...what a pain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home