Nothing New Project

Starting today, October 10, 2006, I will not buy anything new that I cannot make or buy used. I will do this for one complete year.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Responsible Disposal

I've been liquidating my apartment for about two months now. I only want to bring the necessities to New York; I want a fresh start. The challenge has been how to responsibly shed my accumulation of stuff. Strategies are as follows:

-donate it to a thrift store
-donate it to a building re-store (they take some stuff that the thrift store won't, like tile or electrical wire)
-sell it at a consignment shop
-pawn it
-sell it on ebay or half.com (great for textbooks)
-sell books/cds to a used book/cd store
-think of a friend who could really use it/like it and don't forget to give it to them
-leave it in the local coffee shop

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Elle said...

I also donated an old flute to the School for Creative and Performing Arts in Cincinnati.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home