Nothing New Project

Starting today, October 10, 2006, I will not buy anything new that I cannot make or buy used. I will do this for one complete year.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Flip Flops

So I'm hoping to gather some opinions...

My favorite pair of flip flops are these plain black Tevas with skinny straps. Very simple and they're super comfortable. I've had them for a few years and they're almost done; I'm practically walking on the ground and my feet hurt if I walk in them for a while. I've been daydreaming about a new pair, but in brown. So last Friday, when I was out and about on the 'Whirlwind Wisconsin Wildman Tour' with Kris, I found the exact style and color I had been dreaming about; and only $12. After arguing with myself as to whether or not this purchase was justified under the Nothing New Project, I bought them anyway. I don't really think they are justified, but my feet were hurting in my old pair and I really, really wanted them. I decided that flip flops fall under the same category as underwear; you can't really buy them used.

So, am I a total sham? Any thoughts?

1 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

"No she didn't!", was my first thought, but I wasn't finished reading/thinking.
I'm at work, so I have sometime for this.

I vote "not a sham!", for 2 reasons...
1) Flip flop material seems pretty porous to me, absorbing all kinds of fungus and bacteria. Warts become possible, then doctor's visits to get them frozen off...no way.
2) In general, flip flops seem to wear out pretty quickly, loosing more and more support. Not good for your back and over all health.

should I have gone to law school?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home