Nothing New Project

Starting today, October 10, 2006, I will not buy anything new that I cannot make or buy used. I will do this for one complete year.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

New Frock


I've been thinking a lot about the number sizing system. My observation is that women stress about the number that is on the label of their clothing (Confession: I have bought pants because I fit into a size 4 and was excited to own a pair of size 4 pants). And the cruel irony of it is that women's bodies fluctuate in size regularly; from week to week, even day to day. What if our clothing didn't notify us of our bodies' minute changes? What if, instead of feeling a little too tight or a little too loose, our clothes were designed to give and take?
This top is my first attempt at such fashion utopia. It ties in both the front and the back, can be worn forward or backward, and is able to accomodate a range of sizes. The armholes fit a little strangely so I haven't worn it in public yet, but I'm going to try it out tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home