Nothing New Project

Starting today, October 10, 2006, I will not buy anything new that I cannot make or buy used. I will do this for one complete year.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Adios, Piggly Wiggly!

Since food is something that I cannot make or buy used, I've been allowing myself to shop at grocery stores during this project. Since I moved to Wisconsin, it's been difficult to get organic, wholesome foods and I despise the excessive amount of packaging used to market the few "health foods" that are available. But yesterday was my lucky day! After discovering Grassway Organic Farm in New Holstein, WI, I never have to step foot in another Piggly Wiggly the rest of my stay in America's Dairyland. The farm has a small but to-the-point shop where I can get dairy products, produce, meat, grains, spices, beans, even hand made soap and brown paper towels. And the best part is that as I shop, I can look out the window and SEE the land and SEE the animals. Plus, Kay and Wayne are super nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home