Nothing New Project

Starting today, October 10, 2006, I will not buy anything new that I cannot make or buy used. I will do this for one complete year.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

EbcoLAB Launch

This week I arrived in Sheboygan, Wisconsin to launch the municipalWORKSHOP's next project, EbcoLAB. Artist Richard Saxton has been completing public art projects that involve and enhance communities under the name municipalWORKSHOP, whose home base/studio is in the Ebco Venture Center Building in Sheboygan. EbcoLAB will occupy its own space in the building and will operate as a creative laboratory where creative reuse ideas are generated and tested. In the afternoons, the studio will be open for local students, namely ones that are considered at-risk, to drop in and work on projects. My title is 'EbcoLAB Site Supervisor' which puts me in charge of making sure everyone has something to do.

This month is to be spent constructing our space, scavenging for materials, and recruiting students. The actual "lab time" will begin in January.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home