Nothing New Project

Starting today, October 10, 2006, I will not buy anything new that I cannot make or buy used. I will do this for one complete year.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Observations...

I needed a new toothbrush. I can neither make one or buy one used so I was allowed to buy a new one. Now that I don't spend much time in stores, when I do find that I need to make a purchase I can be really thoughtful about it. I would normally go to Target for a toothbrush, but I decided to check out Wild Oats instead and found a toothbrush by Eco Dent. It has replacable bristles so I don't have to buy a whole new toothbrush each time.

Never in my life has the ecological footprint of my toothbrush been a concern. When I went to the store, I didn't go with the intention of examining every product and researching online for the absolute best toothbrush. But now that my overall volume of purchases has decreased, somehow there's more space in my head to take a moment and consider the small details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home