Nothing New Project

Starting today, October 10, 2006, I will not buy anything new that I cannot make or buy used. I will do this for one complete year.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Bag Lady


In need of an everyday purse that could take a beating, I knitted myself this one out of plastic bags. Starting at the bottom of the bag, I moved in a spiral around the bag to create one long strand. This bag required several bags so when I came to the end of a strand, I just knotted it on to the next one. I used a Knifty Knitter loom (because I'm lazy and impatient) to knit a tube and then added a handle. It's lined with an old T-shirt so this pretty baby cost me nothing but the time. Just for fun, I had to have a matching wallet. And don't worry, the zipper for the wallet came from a children's clothing item from the thrift store. It was 75 cents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home